Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Last week I said that one of my favorite things about the holidays was the plaza lights. And I of course had an accompanying photo. But it really didn't do it justice. So here's take 2...it really is beautiful...
For more great shots, see what everyone has to share at Tracey's!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Is a perfect number.
Is the atomic number of nickel.
Is is a magic number.
Is the number of dominoes in a set.
28 minutes is long enough to watch a sitcom (give or take a few commercials).
days is a lunar month.
28 weeks is just over half of a year - long enough for you to forget just how cold (or hot) the opposite season feels.
28 years is long enough to learn what love is. It is long enough to appreciate the little things. It is long enough to realize that achieving your dreams can take work. A lot of work. It is long enough to realize that all that work is worth it.
28. A whole lifetime and the blink of an eye, all at once.
And today? I turn 28.
Monday, December 15, 2008
When I first moved here, I didn't really know what the big deal was. The lights were just Christmas lights, and they weren't even all the same color. But now? Now the plaza lights are one of my very favorite things - they remind me of Christmas. And more than that, they remind me of Christmas at my home - the home that I have picked and that I have made for myself. And that is awesome enough that I don't even care (too much) that the lights aren't all the same color...
For more of Best Shot Monday, see what everyone has to share at Tracey's!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
My life is busy. But so is everyone else's.
I don't get much sleep. Sometimes it's because I have other things to do and sleep falls on the back burner. And sometimes it's because I am the WORST sleeper ever, and can't get a few hours of shut eye to save my life. Whatever the reason, I try not to complain about it too much. I picked this crazy life of mine, and I do enjoy it.
Yesterday morning when I got off of work (after working five looooong nights in a row) I had a few things for school that I was quite sure HAD to be done before I slept for a few hours. So
being the diligent student that I am I sat down with my computer to write a prospectus for a final paper. Most of it was already done, I just needed to add a quick thesis statement and I would be all done.
So I sat down and puttered around, reading various articles and things that I had saved, so that I could make sure I picked a thesis that I could actually support with research. Sounds easy, no? And finally I found the perfect article - it said exactly what I wanted to say, and was going to support my thesis PERFECTLY.
And then I realized that I was reading my own paper.
And shortly after that, I realized that perhaps sleeping BEFORE turning in something that would receive an actual grade might be a better idea.
And I started to think that maybe sleep wasn't quite as overrated as I originally thought...
Monday, December 8, 2008
Why yes, for Best Shot Monday I do have more shots from when my friend was in town.
And, by the way, did you know how much easier it is to have a mini photo shoot with someone who knows to keep their fingers out of their nose?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
This week, along with everything else, my best friend was in town for a few days. She is doing an assignment in Hawaii (sounds rough, no?) for a few months, so before this it had been a looooong time since I had seen her.
And I remembered that sometimes all it takes is a little togetherness to recharge your very being.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Kimberly tagged me for the 7 things meme, so here we go!
1. I can multi-task well. Very well, if I do say so myself.
2. I can remember details in a way that people are ALWAYS surprised by.
3. I can start an IV in almost anyone.
4. I can speed read.
5. I can forgive but not forget.
6. I can cook a delicious meal.
7. I can shower and get ready to walk out the door in about 15 minutes.
1. I can't bring myself to go to the dentist. I know, it's a stupid phobia. Stupid, but real.
2. I can't make everyone happy all the time. But that doesn't really stop me from trying.
3. I can't leave the house with my camera. Hey, you never know what you might want to take a picture of!
4. I can't eat pineapple. Thank you, severe allergy.
5. I can't fall asleep easily.
6. I can't get a tan.
7. I can't drink regular milk. Ick.
1. "I'm sorry", which is usually followed by "I know that hurts" and then me doing something that does, in fact, hurt.
2. "You can do it!" Also usually followed by either "A little harder!" or "A little more!"
3. "I don't mind" -- even if I do, I can't seem to keep myself from agreeing to do things anyway. This is a SERIOUS personality flaw.
4. "I love you" -- is there a more loving creature on earth than a toddler? I think not.
5. "Hi!" -- everyone deserves to be greeted with cheer...even when I don't really want to...
6. "Oh hell" -- not very nice, I will admit, but sometimes I get just a wee bit frustrated.
7. "You have GOT to be KIDDING me" -- funny enough, no one ever really is.
I have decided that my list is the people that I like to look at and admire. Shallow you say? Yes, yes it is.
1. Hugh Jackman
2. Matt Damon
3. Eric Dane
4. Simon Baker
5. George Eads
6. Patrick Dempsey
7. Prince William
1. Chinese food
3. Garlic Bread
4. Fresh baked cookies
6. Pasta -- I can't even pick one kind. (Hi, think I enjoy carbs much?)
I won't tag 7 people, but I am nosy and I do love lists, so if you want to do your own 7 things meme then let me know -- I can't wait to read more!