Monday, July 6, 2009

America's Birthday Party

I LOVE the 4th of July.

Fireworks 5



Or, more specifically, I LOVE fireworks.

DSC_0412



Fireworks 4



Unfortunately, this year I worked on the 4th of July. So, instead of seeing fireworks, I saw babies. LOTS of babies. Although we did have an excellent view of one of the local shows through some of our windows. I would have taken pictures, but I was busy -- we let all of the patients who were able come to the rooms with the view to watch the show.

Fireworks 3



And even one or two of the babies from the nursery.


Disney Fireworks - 06.01.09 (4 of 58)


After all, it's never too early to enjoy your first fireworks display.

11 comments:

Blueberry said...

that reminds me of bean's first 4th of july. (she was born at 6:44am that day) we stood by the hospital window holding her watching the fireworks. she turned four this year. sigh.
thanks for the memory!! :)

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! Sounds like you had a great time - even though you were at work!

jodifur said...

That's what my 7 year old nephew used to call the 4th of July, America's b-day party.

Christina said...

I love it that you gathered everyone together to watch the show! I bet those babies were excited to have their birth greeted with fireworks. ;o)

Jaimee said...

I love how the 4th of July brings everyone together - you're never too old - or too young - to love fireworks!

Kimberly said...

I love the last line of your post. How exciting to share America's birthday, being born on the fourth and all. :)

Cara said...

That's so cool you showed the babies! My 3 year old will tell everyone who will listen that he went to the fire works and got scared. Hopefully next year will be better.

natalie said...

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

Arizaphale said...

I spent so many years working on New Year's Eve (we don't have 4th of July so NYE is our big fireworks night) that I was right there with you at the hospital window with the little babies.....awwww. So when did you take these? Disney?

Stacy said...

Sorry to hear you had to work, but at least you had a good vantage point to watch them! Love that the little ones got to be wowed by their first fireworks display. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=a-z realplayer video converter 3.86 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg