Friday, December 25, 2009

The Little Things

I LOVE Christmas. I love the whole season - the decorations, the cards, the gifts, the parties, the celebrations, the hustle and bustle...I look forward to it every year.

Since no one seems to give out calendars to newborns, we're a 24/7 operation. Which includes holidays - and this year, Christmas Eve was mine. My mom still has a hard time grasping the concept of why everyone needs to take their turn working holidays, but that's a different story.

It might not sound like fun, working on Christmas Eve - and during a blizzard no less - while everyone else is celebrating with their families. But fun or not, yesterday being at work was exactly where I was supposed to be.


Baby Gilbert - 12.24.09 (199 of 200)



Her 90 minutes were spent with her family, making her know just how very loved and cherished and beautiful she was. And that deserves to be preserved and remembered. Given the combination of the weather and the holidays, there wasn't an actual photographer available.

But since I was working, my schedule was wide open.

There are other places that might have been more fun than work on Christmas Eve, but I'm still pretty sure that I was exactly where I was meant to be.


I hope that your holidays are filled with love, laughter, family, friends, and that the season shines for you in a million small and beautiful ways...Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh Maggie. This is.....beyond words. What a blessing you were there, to take this precious child's photo.

I sit here with my precious gift, on my chest, while this family grieves. What blessings children are, and this is a reminder to hug mine a little tighter.

Arizaphale said...

That poor family. I am gutted here. I didn't realise until I read the writing....I mean I just looked at the picture first....
I think you are so right......but you are a better woman than me...I couldn't deal with what you deal with...
God Bless you Mags.

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry for this family, but I am so glad you were able to be there for them Maggie. God bless you and this new angel too.

Christina said...

Wow Maggie, that is powerful stuff. So very sad....but also so very beautiful that you were there to capture this family's precious time and their sweet angel. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Funny how we end up right where we're supposed to be at any given time. Such a beautiful picture Maggie.

Unknown said...

Maggie. I'm speechless. I so admire how strong you are, and how much you deal with each time you work.

I can only imagine how grateful the parents were to have you there, too!

New angel in heaven indeed...

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to review the sound story.