Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crafty Tuesday: Owls

I have a delightful coworker who has her first baby turning one this month. In addition to being totally in love with her little man, she also loves owls and the color orange. I thought this was the perfect combo for all of them!

Paxton Birthday Shirt 2

Birthday Shirt - Paxton


This was my first attempt at trying anything with minky (the super soft fabric that you find on baby blankets and things). I have to admit - it was much easier than I expected! The tough thing about it is all the fuzz - it makes it hard to trim the applique close enough to the tack down stitch. But overall I am super pleased with the way it turned out! And more importantly, so is Paxton's mom!

3 comments:

Arizaphale said...

You are getting incredibly creative with that thang! i LOVE this one!!

Unknown said...

EEEEEEEE!!!! Well, you know how I drool over owls and all things birdy...this one is top notch. ADORABLE! I love the minky fabric but yes, it does make a mess!

Swistle said...

I LOVE IT. That is SO NICE.