Monday, December 15, 2008

Best Shot Monday - Plaza Lights

Plaza Lights


Every year, the plaza outlines all the buildings with lights. There is a big celebration on Thanksgiving night, and the lights are all turned on. And they are on every night until mid-January.

When I first moved here, I didn't really know what the big deal was. The lights were just Christmas lights, and they weren't even all the same color. But now? Now the plaza lights are one of my very favorite things - they remind me of Christmas. And more than that, they remind me of Christmas at my home - the home that I have picked and that I have made for myself. And that is awesome enough that I don't even care (too much) that the lights aren't all the same color...


For more of Best Shot Monday, see what everyone has to share at Tracey's!

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lovely shot! It looks like we're going with the same theme today. :)

Blueberry said...

ooooh, pretty. i love christmas lights- they just make me feel happy!

Brittany said...

That is beautiful!!

Stacy said...

Very pretty and it sounds like a beautiful place during the holidays. :)

Unknown said...

I love that you have one spot that really makes you "feel" Christmas! It is hard here with no snow, but seeing the lights definitely does help!

Arizaphale said...

New Christmas traditions for a new generation. Great shot.

Joanna said...

Wow, I bet that is something to see in person. Just the size of it. Very pretty!

Jen said...

You can't beat Christmas lights to get you in the Christmas spirit. Beautiful shot.

Jaimee said...

Beautiful shot of the lights! I love Christmas lights in the city! We are going to my parent's house for Christmas in San Antonio this year...I can't wait to: see the riverwalk all lit up...makes me all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking of it! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a very merry Christmas. And please share your Santa wish at Something About Parenting

See Red too.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Those are cool! I love the way they were so detailed in how they hung the lights.