Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maybe sleep isn't so overrated after all...

My life is busy. But so is everyone else's.

I don't get much sleep. Sometimes it's because I have other things to do and sleep falls on the back burner. And sometimes it's because I am the WORST sleeper ever, and can't get a few hours of shut eye to save my life. Whatever the reason, I try not to complain about it too much. I picked this crazy life of mine, and I do enjoy it.

Yesterday morning when I got off of work (after working five looooong nights in a row) I had a few things for school that I was quite sure HAD to be done before I slept for a few hours. So being the diligent student that I am I sat down with my computer to write a prospectus for a final paper. Most of it was already done, I just needed to add a quick thesis statement and I would be all done.

So I sat down and puttered around, reading various articles and things that I had saved, so that I could make sure I picked a thesis that I could actually support with research. Sounds easy, no? And finally I found the perfect article - it said exactly what I wanted to say, and was going to support my thesis PERFECTLY.

And then I realized that I was reading my own paper.

And shortly after that, I realized that perhaps sleeping BEFORE turning in something that would receive an actual grade might be a better idea.

And I started to think that maybe sleep wasn't quite as overrated as I originally thought...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, my dear...I think you need some more sleep!

Jen said...

Sleep is definitely not overrated. I don't know how you do it.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I hope you find sleep or sleep finds you. Either way, I hope it slows down for you soon Maggie!

Stacy said...

LOL...yes I think you need some sleep my dear!

Brittany said...

Ohhh sweetie! GO TO BED!

Christina said...

Hahaha! Oh Maggie, I love this story! But honey, get to bed, you need some sleep! I don't know how you do it...

Kimberly said...

LOL! Bless your heart, I shouldn't laugh, but I have to agree that you REALLY need some sleep!

Jaimee said...

Oh my Maggie...you are definitely busier than the average person! I don't know how you do it!!! Get some sleep, girl!!!

Cara said...

I love sleep and wish I could get more of it.
Sound like you need a nap! Happy zzzzz's!

Arizaphale said...

That totally sounds like something I would do! Sat night I was sewing angel and shepherd outfits until 2.30am.The machine kept jamming and I knew I had to go to bed and get up and finish it in the morning. Re-thread once with eyes wide open and no more problems. I use lack of sleep as my excuse for my average performance at everything.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That is just too funny! Sleep girl!