Like a bazillion other bloggers, I have finished the year in review 2008 meme. Enjoy! And Happy New Year!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got accepted to graduate school. And medical school. Satisfying stuff.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept some of them, but not all of them. Every year I make a whole slew of resolutions, because then I figure I am bound to keep at least some of them. Fear of failure much? Why yes, thanks for asking.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually yes. In addition to lots of bloggers expanding their families, I have several other friends who added to their kidlet crew as well. And of course there is that whole work thing, and the seemingly bajillion births that I was present for.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, actually not.
5. What countries did you visit?
I have only been in the grand old USA this year. Unless you count when I went to the Lake of the Ozarks...that could probably be considered it's own country.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A graduate degree. More free time.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I got my acceptance letter...in May...sometime... Perhaps the date wasn't etched in my mind quite as much as I thought.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managing to survive. And I am not even kidding.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I would say that there isn't enough time to list these. Mostly that I really didn't keep in good shape. And that I wasn't more patient.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I ran a half marathon and got a body full of sore muscles from that, but no significant injuries.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
50 mm prime lens. And an education.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Um...my classmates'. Without them I most certainly wouldn't have survived the semester.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This list could go on forever...I am easily appalled.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Photography. School. And dirty martinis.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I Kissed a Girl by Katie Perry. So What by Pink.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Fatter. And richer. And did I mention happier?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being more patient. Working out more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In St. Louis with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I ended the year immensely satisfied with my life. And I am pretty sure that counts for a lot. And my life is full of love. And that counts for a lot too.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Hi, have you met me? I could never pick just one TV program...I LOVE television.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I wouldn't use the word hate. But there were people that I was close to at this time last year that I no longer speak to.
24. What was the best book you read?
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. Amazing.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jason Mraz. Not a new discovery, but a reminder of how much I like his music.
26. What did you want and get?
School acceptance. A new job. Happiness.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't watch movies all that often. Although this year I did see Dark Knight, which I loved.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I have to say, this year perhaps broke my history of not so great birthdays. I turned 28, and celebrated with martinis, christmas lights and photo taking. And then decorating, dinner, and wine. And friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Ummm...I'm not sure. 2008 was pretty darn satisfying.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
Blogging. With a side of denial.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ummm. No idea. But I found Christian Bale as Batman to be quite yummy. Does that count?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Was there anything else?
35. Who did you miss?
The person I am when I'm not stressed out.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My classmates. Some more than others, but as a whole group I have to say, I really lucked out.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That sometimes it's okay to say no.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I've got nothing. I am the worst at song lyrics.