Friday, May 22, 2009

The Run Down, Bullet Style

  • I have enjoyed THREE WHOLE DAYS off from work. And from class. And it? Was AMAZING.
  • I should have spent aforementioned days off working on my thesis. But really, I decided that a total break would be good for my mental health. And you know what? I was right.
  • I spent half of my time this week cleaning and organizing. Considering I am not really a messy person, I can't believe how much time I spent doing it. But I have to say, the results are rather pleasing...or at least they will be once I finally finish!
  • I was TERRIBLY behind on blog reading...and I ended up just marking almost everything as read so that I could start from scratch. I swear it was nothing personal, but I was NEVER going to catch up otherwise. Case in point? Before I did that, I had over 450 posts to be read. Ack!
  • One week from today I will be leaving for DISNEYWORLD!! I am crazy excited to go...yay!
  • Being off work for a few days has done nothing for my insomnia. This morning I was up and ready to start the day at 4 am. After going to bed around 1. Which is really going to come back to haunt me (and probably my coworkers that have to listen to me whine) when I am at work until 7 am tomorrow. Why yes....I do see a nap in my future...

9 comments:

Christina said...

I have just one thing to say: good for you for taking the time off for YOU!! I'm sorry the insomnia plagues you so much, tho.

Jaimee said...

Yep, you better be getting a nap today! Glad you've had some time off---you deserved it!

Oh,and I've done that "mark all as read" thing before when it becomes overwhelming - it feels good just to start over sometimes - and everyone will forgive you, I'm sure! :)

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so excited that you got a little time off and got a chance to catch up! Definitely forgive you and glad you just started from scratch on the blog reading thing!

EEEEEE for Disney! You are going to have an amazing time, I'm sure! Where are you guys staying?

Arizaphale said...

I sooooo sympathise with you. Body clocks are a nuisance aren't they? When you need to actually sleep they won't and when you're meant to be doing something (like writing a thesis) your eyelids turn to lead....

chaoticfamily said...

Have a great holiday and can't wait to see all your pics.

I understand insomnia it's rough. I have just started taking something from my naturopath and some nights it works other's not so much.

Cara said...

Maggie I know the feeling. My reader is up to 541 ( I cringe as I write this). We have all been there and Marking all as Read and starting clean can be so cathartic. As much as you work and go to school you deserve a vacation, I hope you have and amazing time at Disney.

Kimberly said...

Yay for you for deciding what was best for YOU! And Disney - now THAT is something to look forward to!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Everyone needs a little break now and again!

Oh... and that whole "mark all as read" thing... I'm thinking of doing that myself right now. 471 posts. How does that happen???? I'm going quickly down the list for now and just reading the post that really catch my eye!

Anonymous said...

You're prob in Disney World, I hope you're having a wonderful time!!