Monday, June 9, 2008

Best Shot Monday - City of Fountains

Kansas City is known as the City of Fountains - it is said that there are more fountains here than in any other city in the world.

I'm not sure if there are more fountains, but we sure do have some that are a lot of fun! This is the fountain at Crown Center - they are perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day!

Fountains at Crown Center (94)


Fountains at Crown Center (75)


Fountains at Crown Center (79)

And playing in fountains wasn't just for the little kids. I just might have gotten soaked myself. And was the only one without a change of clothes. And it was totally worth it.

Fountains at Crown Center (35)


Fountains at Crown Center (39)

And it was also the source of my best shot from last week:

Fountains at Crown Center (45) B&W

For more great shots, head to Tracey's and see what everyone else has to share!

**Credit for some of these shots goes to Sarah -- I'm not sure who took what while we were there, but I know that she was the one responsible for a good portion of them! Thanks Sarah!

27 comments:

chaoticfamily said...

Those are awesome - looks like you all had a fabulous time. Looks like a blast.

Maya said...

That looks very refreshing! How fun!

Blueberry said...

oh wow! that last shot is SO great!!

i think i would have gotten in the fountain this weekend too.... it was soooooo hot here and that looks so refreshingly cool!

Christina said...

Oh yeah, that is fun stuff! Nothing better than running through the water. I'm glad you got in there, too, and love the ones with you!!

Kara said...

Seeing the look on his little face makes me want to play in the fountains too - such wonderful captures.

Sugar Jones said...

I love the look on the little boy in the last photo. You captured the feelings of frivolity in that split second. Fun, fun, fun!

Stacy said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Love the shots of you with the kids getting wet. Good mommy and kiddo time.

Jen said...

Sometimes you just have to go for it. I love that you joined them. What fun.

Megan said...

how fun! i'm sure you loved it, too :)! great expression on his face in that last shot.

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic - I love the ones of you, too! That is so fun!

iMother2.0 said...

AWESOME shots! I LOVE how you 'caught' the water. Your kids were so happy :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a good Best Shot!! Looks like everyone had fun in the fountains! ; )

kim said...

What a blast! Your best shot is awesome! What a great capture!

natalie said...

How fun! I can't think of anything more refreshing to do on a summer's day than play in a fountain like that. Whoever took those pictures did a great job!

Anonymous said...

That is the ultimate summer spot. Wow.

Kimberly said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! Good for you for joining in. :) Love your best shot. Such joy on that little face.

Anonymous said...

awesome pics. looks like so much fun!

totally could have used some around here this weekend...

Anonymous said...

How fun! I LOVE Kansas City and haven't been to Crowne Plaza in years.

Jaimee said...

What fun! I love how everyone looks so incredibly jubilant! Love the BSM too--what a face!

Brittany said...

Oh my!! YOU ran through!! I am so proud of you. I am that kind of mom, too! SOOO FUN! :)

Never That Easy said...

I'm so glad you didn't let a silly thing like a lack of a change of clothes keep you on the sidelines. It's obvious you all enjoyed yourselves!

Anonymous said...

I love them!! it looks so much fun! If only it were so warm here...

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

How I would love to get into a fountain right about now. It was over 100 degrees here in NJ today. Thanks goodness we have air-conditioning.... but a fountain to soak in would be much more fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the third one!! Awesome!

Rose said...

What great shots! Isn't it fun when we, ourselves just let go too! That happened for us a couple weeks ago at Disneyland. It [unexpectedly to me] rained -no poured on us! We stayed and had fun in the rain.

I love the last shot.

Mother of the Freakin' Year said...

Looks like fun...and I love the pure joy on his face in the last one!

Arizaphale said...

Stunning. I LOVE those interactive fountains.