Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crafty Tuesday: Gifts

Last week a friend of mine asked if I could make a baby gift for her sister-in-law. Up until this point, all but one of the gifts that I have made I have given to people from myself, meaning that even if it didn't turn out all that well, it would still fall under the "it's the thought that counts" heading. So I wasn't totally sure that I was qualified, but I have always liked the baby gifts I make, so I figured why not.

I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (18 of 24)


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (16 of 24)


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (14 of 24)


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (12 of 24)


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (23 of 24)
It was nice that this gave me a pretty good excuse to try out some of the new fonts that I have gotten...I swear I find a new one that I like just about every day!


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (7 of 24)


Baby Gifts - 08.2011 (6 of 24)
This onesie also gave me a chance to use another new font -- it was much easier to use that I thought it would be, and I was pretty happy with the way that it turned out.

It was actually nice to be able to make something for someone else to use as a gift. I am seriously thinking about an etsy shop -- as it turns out, people pay quite a bit for things that are personalized! With something like that, I just might be able to help pay for my habit :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think these might be my favorite so far. So cute. You should totally open an etsy shop.

Unknown said...

YES! Etsy is calling your name. I like these best, too...and the BIRDIE one is just awesome.

Debbie said...

Those are beautiful!