Friday, August 5, 2011

Time For A Vacation

A week or so ago, I took some vacation time and escaped to the lake for a few days. My parents and sisters do not live in the same place that I do, but the lake makes for a nice meeting point, as it is an equal distance from my parents' house and mine.

We went while pretty much the entire country was immersed in hell in the middle of a heat wave, so we didn't spend too much time outside. I am pale as a ghost on the fair side in terms of skin, so I usually don't go out in the sun too often. But when it feels like 107 outside, the only way to cool off is in a pool, even if it's just for a few minutes...

Vacation -- July 2011 (27 of 42)
My mom.


Vacation -- July 2011 (16 of 42)
One of the few pictures of me. Proof that I was actually there...


Vacation -- July 2011 (3 of 42)
My sisters got these hideous special sunglasses. Nice, no?


Vacation -- July 2011 (41 of 42)
My sisters and my dad.


series
It would probably be better if I had put in the shot of the water splashing, but oh well...it's harder than you think to keep a camera away from splashing water when the person jumping in is a grown up!

2 comments:

Dana said...

These are really great pictures! I especially loved the last one. action shots are awesome.

Arizaphale said...

This is so great to see you on hols after your mammoth efforts on the study front. As a fair skinner myself I can appreciate the need to stay out of the sun. Glad you got a few moments in the pool with la famille before the bastard UV rays forced you undercover!!