Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Finer Things

So orginally I was going to ask if anyone wanted a 10 month old boy, because I had one that I wanted to get rid of. But since I am pretty attached, I decided to keep him.

And then I read Katie's blog, and it was about art. Her brother has a friend that things artists should go out and get 'real jobs'. I'm not quite sure what defines a 'real job' but that's another topic entirely.

But on the subject of art...how many of you actually appreciate the little things...the finer things of every day life. I don't mean going to the museum or the symphony - those are wonderful things, but not my point. My point is how often do you notice the little things that most people miss...the things that are beautiful to you? And if the best violinist in the entire world were playing, would you notice...or would you walk right by?

Pearls Before Breakfast

It's totally worth looking at the article, if for no other reason than to hear Joshua Bell play. He is amazing.

No comments: