Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Listening In

I happen to find great entertainment in the random things that I hear on a daily basis. Because toddlers can be funny...when they aren't making you want to tear your hair out I mean.

Garrett: I need money.
Me: Well, why don't you go to the (pretend) bank and get some?
Garrett: Nope. Runs over to the pretend grocery store cash register. There's lots of money in here....shhhh, don't tell anyone I have it. And then he stuffs it all down the front of his shirt.

Headed for a life of crime much?


Garrett has also developed a love of the phrase "totally wicked". And really, hearing anything described as being 'totally wicked', in addition to giving me a serious flashback to the 80s, also makes me laugh. Every time. I clearly don't get out enough.


In addition to the normal things that make me laugh, I have also recently discovered House. Why did no one tell me about this show? I find it quite delightful, not to mention hilarious and entertaining.

7 comments:

jennwa said...

Garrett sounds so adorable.

Christina said...

Haha! Gotta love kids and their innocent theivery. :o) That's a riot.

I love House, too!

Unknown said...

Too funny! You are so good about getting your funnies blogged - I always mean to, and forget. I need to just start post-it note-ing them so I don't!

Dawn said...

Having just re-watched the Incredibles, I can totally imagine him saying "totally wicked!", because the little neighbor boy on the trike shouted it after a big display of superhero hoopla.

Lara said...

i was thinking the same thing as dawn - that scene in "the incredibles". :)

Stacy said...

Oh how funny! Did he get the "totally wicked" from the Incredibles?? I have watched that way too many times to know the little boy says that at the end when the house is demolished. ;)

Anonymous said...

My cousin is the summer nanny for some way cute kids in Boston and one of their first words was "totally wicked" it was too cute with their little already accents etc. Aw.

As for House? Oh man, if I could marry Gregory House I would. USA plays it late nights (usually Friday and Saturday) if you want to catch up on reruns. Welcome to the fold!