Monday, February 4, 2008

I don't get...

niobe has a new meme that she was tagged for, a list of ten things that you just don't get. She, in turn, has tagged everyone who read her list, which puts me amongst the masses. But because I had a friend in high school who was constantly repeating the phrase "I don't get it..." about so many things, the very title makes me smile and think of her.

So here are my ten things:

I don't get...

1. soap operas.

2. people who are selfish. Everyone has their moments, but there are some people who are constantly selfish...and I just don't get it.

3. meteorologists. They have to have one of the easier jobs - they guess at the weather, then when they're wrong everyone just sort of shrugs and says "looks like the weather report was wrong again. oh well". What exactly do these people learn in school anyway?

4. how my parents always had a HUGE box of unmatched socks in the laundry room. In all the years that I have been doing laundry, I'm pretty sure I have always had pairs of socks. Where did all of their lost socks go?

5. why people have the need to touch my hair. It is curly and it is red. However it is attached to my head, and yes, it hurts when you tug on it to see if it 'bounces'. Just ask - I will tell you that it does.

6. religious zealots.

7. clutter. I know that some people are just 'compelled' to keep things...but I still don't get it.

8. celebrity obsessions.

9. Jerry Springer. Seriously, what is the appeal there?

10. how anyone in the year 2008 can still not know how to use a computer. Or have an email address.


And because niobe is cool and I aspire to be cool like her (and also because I am lazy and need to finish some homework before naptime is over), I also tag all the people who read this. Be sure to let me know when you post your list - I want to know what you don't get!

6 comments:

jennwa said...

I feel silly, I save single socks thinking that some day they will reappear from where ever lost socks go.

Anonymous said...

I here you about the computer technology. I went to a photography class this weekend for my new camera... thinking I was something with my new Nikon camera.... and it turns out -- they were all there to learn how to get digital photos OFF their cameras unto the computer!! Geesh! How could they not get that already...?!

Rose said...

DANG! I read this! I'll let you know when I get there...'cause there is a lot I don't get too.

Lara said...

my roommate, jitta, has curly red hair too, and people are always messing with her hair. :-P

and yeah, how do people still not understand technology in this day and age? no email? i'm pretty shocked to find out some people don't have cell phones still.

niobe said...

Hey, thanks for the compliment! And I promise that if I ever meet you, no matter how tempted I am, I won't pull your hair to see if it bounces.

natalie said...

Great meme! I'll play along later this week. I'll let you know when mine is up.