Thursday, May 15, 2008

So this is what it feels like...

DSC_0619p>

I'm in school. Again. When I graduated from high school, I went to college and got a bachelor's degree in nursing. And then I was a nurse. Which was great. But I wanted something different. So I left nursing, and I went back to school to finish my medical school requirements. And I can say with complete honesty that I had no idea when I started what it was going to be like. I can also say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made - it isn't always the most fun, but I am so happy I did it.

And now I remember why.

After all of your wonderful well wishes for my interview, for which I couldn't have been more thankful, I'm in. A Master of Arts in Bioethics, and a guaranteed seat in their medical class the following year. And as shocking as it may seem, that has rendered me completely speechless. Speechless, and thrilled in a way that no words can describe.

So how does one celebrate, when they've managed to make their dreams come true? Well, I'll be studying for my biochemistry final.

See, I told you it wasn't always very fun.

10 comments:

Funky Mama said...

Yea you! Well done. Your boys are going to be so proud.

Blueberry said...

wow! congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Maggie! Go Girl!! It is a great thing for your boys to witness...I think I want to go back to school too...but I haven't figured it all out yet. I guess I should wait til J. is out of B-school. One at a time in school, right?

Stacy said...

Congratulations!! You should be so proud of yourself!

kim said...

Way to go, Maggie! Congrats!

Christina said...

Big huge CONGRATS coming at you! that's huge and you have every reason to be proud and excited!

And, I hadn't realized it's Bioethics you're stufdying - really cool!

chaoticfamily said...

Good for you! That's terrific... Gonna be lot's of work but well worth it. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Maya said...

Go Maggie!!! That's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY MAGGIE THATS's GREAT!!!

Hope youdid well on teh BioChem final.

Arizaphale said...

Just had to add my heart felt congratulations to this. I started a Masters in Special Ed a few years back but I have to admit that I could not keep up with work, study and parenting so I deferred after only a year. I am overawed by your achievement! And good luck with Biochem!!!