Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today

So this morning I woke up and was NOT in a very good mood. Too little sleep = not a very happy Maggie.

So I was doing what any mature tired person would do and was stomping around as I went about getting ready for my day.

And because I am a creature of habit, I turned on The Today Show to see what Matt was up to. I LOVE Matt Lauer. I do not, however, love Meredith Vieira. Oh Katie, why did you have to leave? But Meredith wasn't there today, so crisis averted.

And what do I see on TV, but a story about a limbless boy talking about how 'anything is possible'.

And NOTHING makes you feel like more of a jerk for stomping around that you had to get out of bed than a story like that.

So then I was mad that their heartwarming story about the limbless boy ruined my bad mood. Seriously - WHAT is the matter with me?!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh man. Nothing like a limbless boy to set you straight... eh? ;)

Maggie said...

Brittany - NO JOKE! And what is WITH that anyway? Can't a girl just be cranky for a morning and have all the warm fuzzies and whatever saved for another day?!

Blueberry said...

definitely! we should all have our chance to be cranky guilt free!! shame on you today show! ;)

Unknown said...

next time...stomp with NO Today show :-) cripes...crankiness is deserved and nobody can take that away from us!

Christina said...

Wow, what a story! But year, seriously, sometimes we just need a morning to grouse about!

Dawn said...

Ha ha, you're so funny! That is hilarious. Not the limbless child story, of course.

ps. I like Meredith & couldn't really tolerate Katie. Interesting.

Arizaphale said...

'What is the natter with me?'

eerrrrrr.....you're in a bad mood? Just a guess mind you.