Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Updates, Bullet Style

Holy cow, I don't even want to THINK about how long it has been since I have posted something that includes actual words and not just pictures. But I'm pretty sure it's been a LONG time. Oops. I'm sure you are all just sitting there and pondering just what is going on in the world of Maggie.




  • It's spring. I LOVE SPRING. I am fairly in love with every season, at least at the beginning until the newness wears off. Truth be told? The rain is beginning to get on my nerves just a little bit already. Hey, I told you I was fickle.



  • My attempt to not look like a total slob involves me donning 'real people' clothes sometimes, even when I'm just running around with the kids. And usually when I do this, I am quickly reminded of why t-shirts are safer. What, you say? You need an example? Yesterday I had on an adorable top. We went to the park, and the kids were happily playing. Sarah was taking pictures, and upon review of said pictures it was discovered that Bennett must have gotten his foot caught in my shirt when I was attempting to keep him from falling on his melon head helping him on the fireman's pole, and I was giving the park a free show, courtesy of my boob popping out of my shirt. And while I might have had a bra on, this is still not the fashion look that I was really aiming for. Luckily I am quite sure that Sarah destroyed this photo, as if she did not she should know that I will kill her. With my BARE HANDS.



  • And while we are on the subject of my being somewhat inappropriately exposed in public, let me tell you about my latest issue. The boys enjoy blowing rasberries on my belly. Our location in public never seems to concern them - apparently it is never a problem to attempt to pull my shirt up as high as possible. Please add to this the fact that I am EXTREMELY ticklish. It's actually quite hard to sound stern and upset when you can't stop laughing. It also quite embarrassing to have your stomach exposed to random groups of strangers. It also might be making said groups of random strangers wish they were blind wish they had stayed home instead.



  • Also, I have an interview. Tomorrow. For school. And the very thought makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide. So don't worry - if you need me, I'll just be over in the corner, rocking back and forth while muttering to myself. Think that will make a good impression? I'm sure admissions committees just EAT UP the sight of their potential students looking like escaped mental patients.


And that is what has been new around here. Public exposure, interviews, and rain. Bet you didn't think that those could all get tied into one post!

11 comments:

Funky Mama said...

Kick some booty in your interview! You'll do great!

niobe said...

Yeah, I've done that with the inappropriate public exposure thing (also unintentionally, I hasten to add).

I'm pulling for you to totally ace the interview.

Unknown said...

Emma told me after pulling my shirt up and peeking at my tummy last week - "Hey, are you pregnant mom? Your belly looks bigger."

Loudly.

So people could hear.

*sigh*

Good thing we love those kids so much, huh?

Good luck tomorrow - you'll do great!!

Arizaphale said...

Well, speaking of public exposure...I am so tagging you for a meme.

Stacy said...

Good luck on your interview! I have so been there with the boob and the rasberries, too. Lately the princess has been fascinated by those bumps so I have to keep her hands otherwise occupied when holding her in public. What are we going to do with them??

SarahJeanie said...

So I guess I should take those pictures down off of facebook before you do decide to kill me... ;-) Thanks for always being such good entertainment!
Good luck with your interview! You will do great!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh! good luck! you'll be wonderful.

i was just wondering a bit ago what was going on with you and school. :)

Christina said...

Good luck on the interview, I'm sure you'll rock it!!!

I have the SAME problem with rasberries and other inappropriate body-baring activities in public! Or rather, my daughter does. ha!

Kimberly said...

LOL! Oh boy, is it weird that I think that photo should be posted just for the sheer humor? ;-)

Best of luck with the interview. (But yeah, that whole curling up in a ball thing might not work out to your advantage.) :)

chaoticfamily said...

Enjoy wearing real people clothes - ha - aka not Mommy clothes and have a wonderful interview.

Maya said...

Oh dear on the boob! I have had that happen...embarrassing!!! You'll do great in the interview!