Sunday, March 9, 2008

Best Shot Monday - Trouble? What Trouble? and Lessons

It's that time again....Best Shot Monday time!! You would think that because Monday comes around every single week, like clockwork, that I would be prepared and on top of things. Ha! I wish this were the case, but at the moment it is so not. Due to the following important lessons, my BSM, is somehwat haphazardly selected.

1. I am getting slightly older. Once I have been up for 40 hours my brain starts to shut down a bit. And by a bit I mean completely. And then I need sleep.

2. I have finally seen The Godfather. That's right, I survived until the year 2008 without seeing it. It wasn't really what I thought it would be like. But I did like it. I am also pleased that I never have to see that horrified look when people find out I haven't seen it. I also now understand what people are talking about when they reference the movie...before I just pretended.

3. Painting is hard work. Today I painted a kitchen. And just for kicks the dining room too. I expect that I am going to be very sore tomorrow. Who I am kidding. I am very sore right now!

4. Daylight Savings Time is really messing with my head. I don't know why it has rendered me incapable of telling time. I'm hoping that this passes quickly, as I much prefer knowing what time it is to my current state of confusion.

This concludes the important lesson portion. Now onto BSM!

Mr Trouble - edit


I know that this looks suspiciously like one of my shots for Project 365. They were taken about 5 seconds apart, but they are different shots. So I say it still counts. And since it's my blog, I get to make up my own rules. This isn't technically a great shot, but it makes me smile anyway. I'm not sure if it's the grin or the shirt or the fact that it is one of the few shots I managed to take last week what, but it is what it is.

For more great shots, be sure to head over to Tracey's!

24 comments:

jennwa said...

That shot makes me smile too.

I have never seen the Godfather.

Arizaphale said...

Great shot! I also have never seen the Godfather, but I did read a version in Mad Magazine...does that count?
Let's get some sleep eh? zzzzzzz

Blueberry said...

awww, that is a cute shot!

and you know, i've never seen the godfather either!!

Brittany said...

I have never seen it either! :) Look, four of us in a row. We can make our own club....

What a great shot! :) He is a cutie!

Sara said...

never seen the Godfather lol.

Love the shot. Trouble. How cute.

Unknown said...

i guess i don't get to be part of the "club" (boo) since I've seen the Godfather, but it is definitely the grin in that photo...so cute!

Anonymous said...

I can SO relate. What a grin!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the Godfather either! (Or any of the subsequent Godfathers.) I only know the famous quotes, the general idea, and some of the scenes (like someone finds a horse's head in a bed), but really, I don't know which things happen in which movie...

natalie said...

I'm going to crawl into bed for a quick nap right now. I've been debating, but you've given me all the reason I need. I've been up since yesterday and basically, I just need sleep. And if I never went to bed, does that make it the same day? Hm....

Jaimee said...

I need one of those shirts for my 15 month old! So cute!

kim said...

I think it's a great shot. Mainly because the look on his face matches the saying on his shirt to a tee!! The first part of your blog made me giggle. I often nod and laugh when someone references a popular movie I've never seen.

Christina said...

I've never seen The Godfather either! so now you call look at me all horrified-like. ;o)
And, what are you doing up for 40 hours straight?
and, cute photo - I SO need to get that shirt for my little rascal!

Sassy said...

Your son and my daughter must be in cahoots with one another...

chaoticfamily said...

I love the shirt.

I have never seen the Godfather... and I agree daylight savings time makes life a little bit difficult but it was sure nice to have light last night still at 5:30...

Bonnie said...

Oh how cute ! Love that shirt !

One of these days I'm going to rent all of the Godfathers ... I've never seen any of them !

d.girl said...

I'm fairly sure an unmarried man came up with the idea of daylight savings time. Adorable pic!

Phyllis Sommer said...

what a cute face. i've never seen the godfather either. just not my thing...

Anonymous said...

I love it. It is all boy, and I think it is the look. The t-shirt means nothing without the boy backing it up. :)

BTW I have never seen The Godfather and never plan to.

Shalet said...

Let's see:

1) I have never seen the Godfather either.

2) I wish as a child I appreciated naps. Now I'd nap every day if I could.

3) Painting is tough. I made it through my combined living rooms and the laundry room. Then I was done. Two years later I'd like my bedroom painted but I want someone else to do it (know anyone who wants to work for free?).

4) Adorable shot! Happy Monday!

Anna said...

Love the shirt and the smile, and I cannot figure out what time it is either.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

what a grin! :)

Rose said...

Very cute shot! I fall into the "Seen the Godfather" camp. All of them, more than once.

we_be_toys said...

I do remember seeing this, but you know what? In spite of the bit of blur, I loved this picture too! Its his smile and the T-shirt, I think. Good call, though!

Kimberly said...

LOL! Your shot makes me smile almost as much as your post. I think you must be a comedian at heart. :)