Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wake Up Calls

I did NOT wake up in a good mood this morning. In fact, I am quite sure that I could be described as being in the exact opposite of a good mood. Why? No idea. Maybe because it was Wednesday, I don't know.

So the morning continues on and I sulk for no other reason than I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Have you ever tried to sulk around toddlers? They really don't care much, which makes sulking pretty ineffective. But I did it anyway - I like to be stubborn persevere.

Fast forward, I am now in a great mood. I am in a great mood despite the fact that the duration of my afternoon/evening/night will be spent cramming significant amounts of information into my brain in an attempt to pass my biochem midterm. Ick.

Why am I in a great mood, you are nearly afraid to wonder? And I'm not blaming you for being afraid - I would be too.






I am in a great mood because we watched Sesame Street this morning (for only about the third time EVER) and happened to turn it on when Anderson Cooper was on. That's right, Anderson Cooper was on Sesame Street interviewing Dan Rather-me-not and Walter Cranky*. For no good reason, I was quite sure that this was hilarious. And improved my day immensely.

I have no idea why, I don't even watch Anderson Cooper on CNN. But on Sesame Street he apparently makes me very, very happy.

I think maybe I need to get out more.

*I realize that this is an old episode. But we never watch Sesame Street, so it was new to me.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Any guest on Sesame Street would probably bring a smile to my face. It would be like seeing Anderson Cooper on The Muppet Show.

Brittany said...

ha ha ha that is awesome. Anderson Cooper is very good looking, with his white hair and pretty smile. I would have been happier, too!

Unknown said...

Amen. Bad start to our hump-day too - you'll have to check out my Theme Thursday tomorrow to see why/how my day improved! :-)

So love Sesame Street though - it does solve a lot of problems.

we_be_toys said...

God, I love Sesame Street! The old episodes are some of the best too! Nothing gets me weepier, faster, than hearing Jim Henson singing "Rubber Ducky" as Ernie, or "It Isn't Being Green", as Kermit.
I also love the epsodes where rock bands come on and sing a muppet version of one of their songs.
REM's "Shiny Happy People" becomes "Furry Happy Monsters"; The Goo Goo Dolls' "Slide" becomes "Now You Got Pride", etc. Sesame is Awesome!!!
Forget the kids - DVR it for yourself!!!

Kimberly said...

LOL! And why is it, I wonder, that our toddlers don't seem to either notice or care about our grumpy days? Ahh, to be that oblivious sometimes would be heavenly. :)

Kristin.... said...

Hi. Love your blog! Anderson Cooper is definitely good looking! And there is nothing like the old Sesame Street episodes and we LOVE the Muppets here. Anyway, just saying hi.

Arizaphale said...

At High School my friends and I could quote huge slabs of Sesame Street which have now probably gone into the archives never to be seen again. Do they still have The Amazing Mumford and his disappearing pineapples? What about Kermit as a reporter under the tower of Rapunzel as she fails to hear what the Prince is requesting?
"My what? You want me to let down my WHAT???"
You have made me happy on memories too :-)
Good luck with biochem...