Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Maybe It's the Weather?

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I just feel all out of sorts. Or perhaps a more accurate statement is that I'm not sure which thing is to blame for me being out of sorts.

*I went out of town for Easter. Which was lovely, but travel can suck the life right out of you.

*It snowed on Easter. Which is just wrong.

*My mother is in town.

*The boys were perfect angels yesterday.

I think that really the last one is the one that has me all out of sorts. Mostly because when an entire day goes so well, it makes me somewhat convinced that we should all begin immediate preparations for the world to end. Not that the boys are not good kids, but they are toddlers. But yesterday there was no whining, no fighting, no nothing. They were even perfect angels when we were out and about...to the point that I actually was a little concerned that someone had tried to pull a switch on me.

**Edited to add: yes, the last one was definitely the case. Before 7 am this morning there was copious amounts of whining and tears and unpleasantness. It was good times. Luckily by 8 am things were starting to look up.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

it does feel like signs of the apocalypse when they are SO good, doesn't it!

i'm glad things were back to normal! (and you got to watch Patrick Dempsey...what a lovely way to spend naptime!)

Sarah said...

Snow on Easter IS just wrong. We have had it here the last three years in a row.

Anonymous said...

Be careful with what you wish for. It will come true. :)


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Brittany said...

Can your kids talk to my kids, please? :)

we_be_toys said...

Girl, toddlers are some EXPERT whiners and fighters! You have my deepest sympathy. Glad to hear they cut you even a little slack. I do not miss those days, but I do miss how cute they were at that age, now that mine are older and All Boy...kiss those toddlers for me!

Christina said...

Yep, too-good-to-be-true always really is too good to be true! I'm glad things are back to normal in your household - somewhat whiny toddlers and all. ;o)

Kimberly said...

Ahh, good to hear things are right back to normal today. :)

Arizaphale said...

I am convinced that toddlers are the reason for the myth of the 'changeling'. I mean one day they are sweet little babies, the next they are caterwauling, obstructive ratbags. Who could recognise them? There MUST have been a switch!!!:-D