Friday, March 28, 2008

Change of Heart

I may or may not have mentioned it, but Jodi Picoult is hands down my favorite author. And she has been from the second that I read one of her books. There are, of course, some of her books that I enjoy more than others, but there isn't a book she has written that I
wouldn't recommend to someone else.

Her latest novel is Change of Heart, about a death row inmate who wants to donate his heart to the younger sister of the girl he was convicted of murdering. The story explores religion, spirituality, the death penalty, and how the lives of so many people can weave together in unexpected ways.

While this was not my favorite of her books, I still highly recommend it. I got the book on Monday morning, after reading some quotes on Jodifur, and started reading in Monday afternoon. I was finished first thing Wednesday morning. Like all of her others, once I started I couldn't put it down. There are some very interesting questions and issues that are brought up over the course of the story, although I will refrain from mentioning them for the moment because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read the book yet.

But if you're looking for something to read - especially if your weekend weather is supposed to be as grey and dreary as mine - then I highly suggest Change of Heart - then you can come back and tell me what you thought!

And since I've finished with that book, I'm open to suggestions - got anything that I have to start reading?

5 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE Jodi Picoult too - I have yet to read a book by her that I didn't love. I just finished The Pact today, and while it wasn't my favorite by her it was still very good, gripping, thought provoking. I'll have to get my hands on Change of Heart.

Unknown said...

Sweet...I'm so going to have to give her a try!

jodifur said...

I just finished the new Sophie kinsella Remember me? It was nice and light after the heavy Picoult book.

And yeah, I didn't love that one either.

Thanks for the link!

Kimberly said...

I keep hearing this author's name pop up. I'm definitely going to have to give her a read.

Arizaphale said...

So which IS your favourite?