Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tramps

The other day I had to go into the post office with the boys. And lest you forget, experiencing the post office with toddlers is a special kind of hell. Seriously. Is there anywhere else that always has a line, that always moves slower than molasses? I didn't think so. We wait in line and I manage to amuse Garrett by having him tell me the Disney move that the pictures on the wall are from. See, there are times when knowing every children's movie on the planet comes in handy.

Which was all fine and good until we get to a movie he hasn't seen. Lady and the Tramp. So I tell him that is the name of the movie. And he informs me that he has a question - a 'very important question'.




You would think this 'very important question' would be "what is that movie about?" Or something simple like that. But you would be wrong. You would be so wrong.


The question? "What's a tramp?!" Which of course was asked in the only volume that toddlers have when asking things that will cause everyone around you to stare inquisitively and wait to listen to your answer. LOUD. I really wanted to believe that no one had even noticed, but that was impossible since everyone literally stopped what they were doing - including the postal workers - to await my response.


And you'll all be glad to know that I totally wussed out. And told him that tramp was the name of one of the dogs. What?! That's not totally wrong, they did call him a tramp...it just didn't happen to be his name...

10 comments:

d.girl said...

That's hilarious...great answer, Mom!

Kimberly said...

Don't you love that kid volume? I know my time is coming so I'm not going to laugh too hard. ;-)

Brittany said...

LOL!!! Tooo funny! Kids are great.

jennwa said...

Very funny. It is funny how kids seem to say embarrassing things even louder than normal.
Good answer, I would have chicken out too.

Lara said...

of course, the kind of tramp that he was is not the same as the ho-style tramp. isn't "tramp" just like a synonym for "hobo"?

natalie said...

We're completely secret motherhood sisters. That's totally what I would have done.

Your postal workers must be related to my postal workers. I'd love to complain, but my postal workers are SO STINKIN' NICE it's scary.

Christina said...

Hahaha, that is too funny! "Kid volume." LOL! Good thinking on your feet. ;o)

Unknown said...

heee...totally would have said the same thing...no wussing out there!

mandaroo63 said...

I think the "old fashioned" term of tramp is like a hobo (that sure dates me, huh?) But, yeah, good job dodging mom. LOL Kids say the funniest things, especially when strangers are around. My kids love all those cool disney, & superhero stamp sets they have now, really motivates them to write letters : )

Arizaphale said...

hahahahahahahahaha