Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just how weird am I?

The lovely Melody wants to know 7 weird things about me. I am having trouble picking 7 things, because I am...quirky...

But here goes.

1. I have a crazy accurate memory. Especially for details. For example, I can still tell you my sixth grade locker combination. And I haven't been in sixth grade for a long time.

2. I can't just sit down and relax, I have to be doing something. If I attempt to sit down, I bounce around like a mexican jumping bean. This has the potential to be somewhat annoying I think, and I am frequently asked if I can JUST. BE. STILL. Since you asked, no, I can't.

3. I bruise easily. And before you try to tell me that this isn't weird, let me explain. If you look at me harshly, I will bruise. And not just a small bruise, a large and highly noticable bruise. This is not due to a medical problem, it's just a special little talent that I have.

4. I have all sorts of holiday type pajamas. And they are so comfortable, I wear them all year round. In the last week I have worn orange Halloween pants with Boo! on them (those are my favorite), Santa Clause boxer shorts (that I've had for years), and Valentine's pants. I can only imagine what people would think of my lovely ensamble if I ever wore such things out of the house.

5. My dad used to be the one to fix my hair when I was little, and so I wore my hair in a ponytail every single day. I was in college before I could wear my hair down without it making me crazy. Even today, I still rarely make it to the evening hours without putting it in a ponytail.

6. In my closet, my clothes are sorted by type (long sleeve, short sleeve, pants, etc) and then by color. And all the hangers face the same way. If anyone tried to put anything in the wrong spot, I would spot it immediately. I would also probably have a stroke - I really like need for things to be in the correct spot. If they aren't I will lose my mind.

7. I have a tattoo. I also have my ears triple pierced, my upper ear pierced, and my belly button. I rarely wear jewelry in any of these holes. I am not a person that anyone would ever expect to have more than just my ears pierced, and people are often shocked to find out that I have a tattoo.

I will refrain from tagging anyone (for now) but I will reserve the right to tag people at a future date...

14 comments:

niobe said...

Uh oh. So sorting clothes by color and having all the hangers face the same way isn't something that everyone does?

jenna said...

Ditto. Both my parents do the closet thing, too. I thought they had a crazy recessive gene thing that I got.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

You rock. I like that you have a pony and a tat. That makes you practical and unique! :)

kim said...

I wish I were as weird as you. I'd love to have my closed organized and to have a good memory for detail. I do share your love for comfy pjs - no matter what's on them.

Lara said...

my clothes aren't sorted by color, but they are sorted by sleeve-length, with all hangers facing the same way. my dad used to color code the hangers in his closet - black hangers for work shirts, red hangers for casual shirts, etc. and a lot of people wouldn't expect me to have anything more than just my ears pierced, but then they catch the flash of silver in my mouth and find out my tongue is pierced! :-P

Shalet said...

Do you want to organize my closet for me and could you tell me who my fifth grade teacher was?

Kimberly said...

Well here's hoping some of your weirdness rubs off on me. I could really use the total recall memory and your organizational skills!

Unknown said...

Maggie...I think we are long lost twins! Except for 1 & 7 - I'm weird with you on all the other ones!

How do you have insanely great memory after having children, though?? That is not fair!

Unknown said...

(Oh, I'm wearing my flannel reindeer jammies right now! :-) )

Brittany said...

I bruise easily, too! Doesn't that stink? I never know where I get the bruises, either! haha

Anonymous said...

We all have quirks...Would you like to come organize my closet?

I mean if you enjoy it and all...

Christina said...

#2!!! That is so totally me! #6 too, except my hair's now too short to go in a ponytail. I'd say you're weird in all the right ways!

Stacy said...

So what is your tatoo??? You have peaked my curiousity! #1 is pretty odd...I thought I had a good memory for useless facts, but guess you beat me there. ;) I am with you on the closet organization, though.

Arizaphale said...

Auugh! Sister! I remember our first ever telephone number and the names of most of the kids in my sixth grade class. I have only in recent years learned to sit and do nothing but I can't talk without using my hands :-D And although I don't sort clothes by colour, I do sort our mugs by colour and pattern, and clothes are sorted by type and sleeve length and pleeeease put the hangers back the right way. I have a pile of pyjamas which I am no longer allowed to wear (Husband Rules). My faves have penguins on them. Hair? Up in a clip before the end of the day.The only thing I don't get is the piercings and tattoo. Perhaps its a generational thing?? ;-D