Thursday, April 3, 2008

Theme Thursday - Style

This week's theme is style. Yikes.

I will be the first to admit that I have very little style. I can look nice with the best of them or so I elect to believe but I am the farthest thing from trendy that there could be. Which I'm okay with - I'm busy enough without attempting to be any sort of fashionista.

As far as photography goes, I don't know that I really have a style there either. I would say that I favor close up shots over broad views, and black and white or some type of color treatment over SOOC color. But other than that, I don't think that I probably know enough to really have a 'style' really...I just have what amounts to personal preference.

But here are some of my recent favorites, that fit my lack of style.

Park Play (3) B&W


The castle park (71) B&W


Zoo Animals (18)


Crown Center (3) handpainted

And now if you'd like to see some real style, head over to Stacy's to see what she and the other stylish folks have come up with!

17 comments:

Stacy said...

Very nice! I think our style evolves from our preferences, so I do see your style. :)

Christina said...

Those preferences are exactly what define your style! So you do have style - very nice style!

And LOL, I am sooo the same way fashion wise. ;o)

Megan said...

i'm digging the turtle face amidst the boys -- is there a message there? ;)

Stacy said...

I love your cropping!

Killlashandra said...

What a face in that first photo! He's too cute. I like the shadows on the turtle too. Natural light and shadows what a great combination. :)

chaoticfamily said...

You have wonderful style - I love the last shot - I have no idea how to do that - lol!!!

Unknown said...

I see a "Maggie style!" You have style and you don't even know it, girl!

I love the b/w photos - but the last one is so priceless! It is great!

Brittany said...

I love the last one!!!!!!

Andi said...

Regardless if you can "name" it or not, you certainly have style! I love all of these photos, but my favorite two are the last ones- the turtle and the 2 boys. I love the idea of close-ups too, especially with small children. Really nice job with style...

Susiewearsthepants said...

Great pics! Alas I am such an novice!

Maya said...

I see your style...and it's looking great!!!

Kim said...

Hehehe....I love the turtle! :-)

And the cute kids, of course!

Anonymous said...

Goodness those boy shots are awesome. I think you described and showed your photography style nicely.

Kimberly said...

I like your style just fine! :)

niobe said...

The boy in the swing. I like it. I like it a lot.

kim said...

oh those precious faces! I like your style.

Arizaphale said...

Awesome as usual. I think your description of your style is exactly right. Close up rather than vistas and nice treatments. I love 'em.