Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's In the Bag?

So a while back, after seeing what Jen had in her diaper bag, I decided that I wanted to do the same thing. And I wanted to start small, so first I did my purse. Which admittedly has a lot of crap in it. I like to be prepared.

And I have finally gotten around to the diaper bag. So here we go!

The bag:
DSC_0001


From one of the front pockets:
DSC_0005
Three packs of restaurant crayons, plastic farm animals, a race car, and Nerds.


From the other front pocket:
DSC_0015
Todder tableware, and a first aid kit. In the first aid kit: neosporin, band aids, butterfly closures, tweezers, gauze, burn cream, and adhesive tape. I also have a bottle of hand sanitizer, which somehow got left out of the photo op. I'm so prepared, I should have been a boy scout.


From the back pocket:
DSC_0007

DSC_0008

DSC_0009


From the inside:

DSC_0011
Snacks, drink mixes, bibs, and small ziplock containers (which are very handy!)

DSC_0012
Diapers, pull ups, wipes

DSC_0014
Spare clothes. Necessary for obvious reasons.

DSC_0016
Toys! And yes, they are almost all from kids' meals. I put them right into the bag while we eat, and they don't get brought out until we are in need of some new 'entertainment'. I highly recommend this - the toys are usually small, don't need batteries, and don't have too many parts. And it's pretty easy to 'lose' the ones that make annoying noises...







I know that some of you have already done this, but if you haven't then I want to know...what's in your bag?!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

OH! What an amazingly organized bag!!! My bag is SO not that cool!

Christina said...

Wow, you get a lot packed into that bag!! Very organized, prepared for any eventuality. :o)

Ali said...

holy crap, you are the BEST mom ever!

Jen said...

Wow! I am impressed. Very prepared and no garbage! Great post idea, I'll be joining in the what's in your bag fun this week too :)

Unknown said...

I did the what is in my purse last year, and I am just so very, very happy to not have to carry a diaper bag around any more! (Although my purse sometimes looks very similar to your diaper bag!)

I now have a little "kit" that I keep in the car - sunscreen, extra clothes, park toys, first aid kit...it was a happy graduation day for me the day we moved to the "car bag!"

Anonymous said...

OMG, the memories you've brought back. You seem pretty darn together. :)

Arizaphale said...

Now come on Maggie. I cannot help but notice that NONE of these items appear to have been USED!!!!!!!
You put this lot together for the photo shoot didn't you? Come on, admit it! Admit it.............!!!!!!

AndreAnna said...

We have THE SAME exact snacks in our bag. Too funny.

Stacy said...

great idea! and that bag sure does fit a lot.

kim said...

Wow you are totally prepared for anything. My bag (purse) is mostly full of toys. I don't even carry a diaper/wipes unless I'm out of the car for more than an hour.