Thursday, April 24, 2008

Theme Thursday - Before and After

This week's theme is Before and After. I will be the first to admit that while I don't use photoshop much, I do use it for some minor fixes. I also spend all day with toddlers. Both photoshop and toddlers are places were just a few minor changes can make a HUGE difference.

See?

Before:
Park Afternoons (34)

After:
Park Afternoons (34) 2
Why yes, that is Bennett fighting with his friend on the playground.


And seconds after that:
Park Afternoons (22)
It is clearly unfortunate to be in time out at the playground. Who knew that rules about being nice to your friends applied everywhere?


And a few seconds after that?
Park Afternoons (35)
Ben went to keep Bennett company during his time out. He was very sympathetic.


But fear not. As the emotions of little people change on a dime, all was forgiven rather quickly.
Park Afternoons (37)
At least until the next time...

For some great before and after, head to Stacy's!

18 comments:

Head Gaggler said...

Great edit! He's soo cute. Gotta love the toddler's attention span.

Arizaphale said...

Yea! Well done. Nice crop. I love this story, especially when his friend joined him in time out. Hilarious.

Brittany said...

Great edit! And I love the series of photos!!! Boys will be boys, eh?!

jennwa said...

Great pics.
I love the before and after.

Stacy said...

Aww...great edit! Taking photos of toddlers you have to be quick and don't always get the best in camera crop. It's so wonderful to have editing at our disposal. :)

I love the series, too. :) Toddlers have little memories of the wrongs of their friends and all is forgotten and forgiven in short order.

Megan said...

what a great storytelling series!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the edit. The cropping does help out a lot. But I just love the boys walking away picture. Feeling the love.

Anonymous said...

Great photo story!! The crop turned out nice!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the crop - it really puts the focus on the boys - :) It's so sweet that they sat together for time out! :D

Dawn said...

Maggie, they're all great! I love the "before" and the "after"! But I especially love the one of the boys at the end of your post. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Such a great series, and the cropping does make all the difference in the world!

AudreyO said...

Wow...very nice edit on the photo. I found you through your contest. I'm not entering, my kids are older however I did read your blog and love these photos.

natalie said...

That's too funny!!! Boys use their fists to solve their problems. M just points her finger and tells everyone what to do!

Anonymous said...

Excellent edit. I love how you tell the story with the pictures.

Kids are so fickle. I LOVE IT

kim said...

great shots. I'm so glad the boys made up.

Maya said...

I am loving seeing everyone's before and afters! These are great!

Rose said...

That's the story of my life only the names and faces have been changed!! LOL! Great series.

Killlashandra said...

Great job on that first one. Cropping really turned that into an almost dramatic moment between the two boys.

Toddlers make for the best pictures!