Friday, November 2, 2007

Funky Mama

Yesterday we went to Wonderscope, which I lovingly refer to as the happiest place on earth. Garrett (and Bennett if he could talk) would most certainly go there every day. And, if I were not opposed to doing the same thing over and over and over again until I completely lost my mind, would probably let them. Because even I have to admit, Wonderscope is a great time.

It is a children's 'museum' of sorts that has several different rooms that kids can pretend to be things (like in one room they have a grocery store, a bank, and a pizza shop) or they can learn different things (they have two rooms filled with golf balls and all sorts of different tracts, where they have all these physics laws posted near them - which I suspect mostly serve to remind the adults the things that they tried so hard to forget from their schooling days).

In addition to loving Wonderscope, one of the things that we also adore is Funky Mama. She is not only hilarious and fantastic with the kids, she has music that doesn't make me want to drive over a cliff after hearing it for the umpteenth time. So the fact that yesterday they had a Funky Mama concert at Wonderscope was like a little slice of heaven. For all of us.

And not only did she have a concert at Wonderscope, but Garrett got to play an instrument with her. I thought he might explode he was so pleased with himself. He got to play the clave. Which means that he got to go up and bang two sticks together. But he raised his hand, and then when asked, told her his name, and then stayed up and banged his sticks...I mean played his instrument.

See?

Garrett plays the clave

And, because it was such a special day - the day that Garrett acted like a REAL PERSON when someone was talking to him - we have a video too!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun! My son would probably freak out, but afterwords that would be all he could talk about!

Trish said...

What a fun day!

I'd never heard of Funky Mama before, and saved her site in my favorites so I can check it out. It looks like something my little girl would love!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a blast! I'm going to have to check out Funky Mama.

Just a random fly-by from Blogher Ads. Thanks for the entertainment!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited to have someone new to listen to in rotation! fun!!

Funky Mama said...

You have no idea how much this made my day! I remember that day and how sweet Garrett was as he mastered the claves. :)
I hope I see you guys at another gig. Have a great holiday season and thanks for spreading the Funky Mama word around!
Krista "Funky Mama" Eyler