Monday, April 25, 2011

Lacrosse

I moved away from St Louis when I went to college, but most of my family still lives there. There have been a few visits from my parents or my sisters in the years that I have lived away from home, but not too many -- since I go home on the holidays that I am not working, I haven't had too many visitors. Which is not a woe is me thing, it's really just fact.

But my youngest cousin was in town a few weeks ago to play in a lacrosse tournament. Since the team only drove up for the day on the bus, most of the families (including my aunt and uncle) didn't make the trip -- not that I blame them, driving four hours each way to watch some lacrosse games doesn't sound too fun to me either. I was working all weekend, but luckily one of the games started at 3, so I could go before I had to head back to work...after all, I couldn't pass up the chance to see someone who actually came to where I live (even if it was only for a few hours!)

iphone_pic
The pups were VERY excited that I not only woke up much earlier than I normally do, but that they actually got to go with me on a little car trip. And the weather outside was GORGEOUS!

04.09.11 - Jamie's Lacrosse Game (3 of 42)


04.09.11 - Jamie's Lacrosse Game (8 of 42)


04.09.11 - Jamie's Lacrosse Game (9 of 42)


And this is my absolute favorite picture from the game:

04.09.11 - Jamie's Lacrosse Game (17 of 42)
If you look closely, you can see the facial expression of the other player (in the white shirt), who is being slammed squarely in the gut by my cousin's lacrosse stick. Hey, sometimes agressiveness runs in the family...

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Hahah! Not for the poor other player though....still, great shot!!
Glad you managed to recognise your cousin in all that gear. We had a memorable moment when we realised we had been shooting some complete random stranger for 7/8 of one of the Small Boy's hockey matches :-D