Friday, October 28, 2011

Scenes From Family Medicine

I mentioned that my October rotation was in family medicine, but I didn't mention that it was in a small town about 45 minutes north of where I live. In addition to not being used to such a long commute (the hospital that I work at is a whopping 2.5 miles from my house), I am not used to being in a small town. I'm from a big city (although technically the suburb portion of the big city) and I live in a well populated suburb of a medium sized city now.

While I'm only driving 45 minutes from where I live, and less than 20 minutes from the city limits, it still feels like I am entering a whole different world sometimes.

And while I am anxiously awaiting the end of the month and an end to the two hours I am spending in the car every day, I just might miss the beautiful scenery I see on my drive every day.



























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

My first teaching post was in a 'town' of about 50 people out in the middle of the bush. I didn't have the commute 'home' as I lived on the school site but the experience of living in a town that size was amazing. Hope you
get something out of it! xx