Thursday, February 28, 2008

Theme Thursday - Memory

This week's theme is memory, and it's one that I have spent a lot of time thinking about. Because while I love photography as an art, the biggest attraction to it, at least for me, is the ability to capture memories. To take a fraction of a second and preserve it, something to look at that makes the memory come alive with every viewing.

I love to capture the special memories - the first steps, the graduations, the celebrations - but I love the every day memories just as much. I would guess that on average I take between 50-100 shots a day, even on days that nothing special happens. And on the days that are horrible? I take pictures of that too. Because sometimes the only way to see how far you've come is to look back on where you were.


Garrett as Bob

Bennett in the exersaucer (1)


DSC_0025


DSC_0026



Looking back to remember indeed. What a difference a year makes!



For more fantastic memories, don't forget to see what's new at Stacy's!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless, precious lit'l boy shots!

~~

Head Gaggler said...

Yup, your write up is just like mine. I totally agree with you! Nice shots, cute little man you have there.

Megan said...

i love everyday moments, too. i think those will be the ones my boys like going back to most as adults -- very cute shots!

Maya said...

Oh my...so many smiles!! So adorable!

we_be_toys said...

I was just going through a huge box of pictures last night - ones that were pre-digital. It's amazing and a little daunting how quickly time goes by.

Great pictures of your kids!

I also loved the story of your little boy and the play money from the cash register - he's a wild man!

Rose said...

Those are some sweet shots. What handsome boys! Most of my shots are just every day grab-the-camera-quick shots, too.

Bonnie said...

So cute !!! It IS amazing how much they change in one short year !

Stacy said...

What adorable shots! YOu can see him growing up to be a little boy in those shots...preserving those memories at the fullest. :)

Christina said...

Such cute pictures! It is amazing how fast they grow. I love to capture those "nothing special" moments, too...because really, they ARE special!

And wow, I thought I take a lot of pictures but it's nothing next to you!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, he gets cuter by the day...it is crazy how much difference a day makes.
Great shots!

Killlashandra said...

Digital cameras have got to be the coolest tools for capturing as many memories as possible. I love being on an outing and taking tons of pictures and not have to worry about developing 6 rolls of film. ;)

Adorable memories.

jennwa said...

Great photos. My favorite photos are ones of my kids too.

Funky Mama said...

My J. has the same Bob the B. hat!! Love it!

Phyllis Sommer said...

so cute. i love the nose-wiping shot...just a great expression back there...

Sarah said...

Fifty to a hundred! Wow, I thought WE were excessive in taking a couple a day. Now I'm thinking maybe I should do more. Maybe I'd actually get BETTER at taking pictures! Practice! What a novel idea...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots! I think it's important to catch the everyday memories - because those are the ones we forget.

Kimberly said...

So well said. (And let me now pick my jaw up off the floor at how many photos you take a day!) :)