Monday, January 7, 2008

Best Shot Monday - A Bright Spot

Here in the midwest, winters are not generally known for being mild. This is not to say that things are terrible, but in general winter is cold and fairly grey. Just enough snow, a little bit of ice - all things that I am more than willing to endure for the love of having four very different seasons. But the grey days that seem to stretch on forever, that is something that tends to grate on me.

Which was why Saturday was so fantastic. It was warm, it was sunny - it was the perfect bright spot in a grey winter. Which is where I got my BSM:


Crown Center (3) handpainted




The boys and I ventured to Kaleidoscope, which is a free art program run by Hallmark. The last time I went I was ten, so needless to say it was a very long time ago! But it was worth the wait - there was painting, coloring, puzzle making, and enough other creative outlets to make your head spin. And it was free! It's an activity I highly recommend.




Kaleidoscope (6) Kaleidoscope (15)




Kaleidoscope (30)






And, after exploring Crown Center and catching some sun out by the fountains, we even got to go to the Fritz's train restaurant, a definite bonus. Because seriously, how cool is it to have your food delivered by a train?! And let me assure you, when you're under the age of seven, having your food delivered by a train is without a doubt the coolest thing on the planet.




Fritz's (12) Fritz's (8)



Fritz's



As always, don't forget to head to Tracey's for more best shots!


19 comments:

Kim said...

I'm WAY older than seven, and I want my food delivered by a train! :-)

I like the sweater colored shot...very cool :-)

Unknown said...

What a cool place! My son would LOVE it.

And hey, I miss having 4 seasons. I get excited when it RAINS around here now. I miss the snow and the cold and the 4 seasons in CO where we used to live!

Brittany said...

Wow! What a cool idea! Looks like so much fun!

I loveeee the first shot! I love the B&Ws with a little color added.

Maya said...

What a weekend! I wish we had the sun here with the warmth. Instead we had icky rain all day!

kim said...

Very cool. I love the shot of the boys by the fountain. How appropriate for a midwest winter shot. Sounds like you had so much fun!

Dawn said...

That seems like a perfect outing! You scored some great shots too!

Blessed Nest said...

The train sounds like so much fun! love the picture of the boys too!

Anonymous said...

I need advice, -- which camera! Which camera do you have?

natalie said...

Love the first shot! I'm going to have to work on that technique!!!

Stacy said...

I think having my food delivered by a train would be fantastic! Looks like you and the boys had a great time...love the first shot especially.

Cari said...

Sounds like so much fun! I especially like your first shot.

Phyllis Sommer said...

that sweater picture is awesome! i love playing with the focused b&w thing...

Unknown said...

The BSM is great! I want to go, it sounds like so much fun!!

Christina said...

That first shot is so fun, love the selective color! You have a bunch of great shots. that Kaleidoscope place looks awesome...wonder if there's a place like that around here!

tracey clark said...

Really cute and so endearing.

Rose said...

Looks like it was a great day! Wonderful shots and what fun places to visit!

Melissa Stover said...

how fun. looks like a great place.

natalie said...

Stop by when you've got a minute...I've "got" something for you!

Arizaphale said...

Food by train! What an idea!!! What genius came up with that one?? (Well, Fritz obviously...)Talk about endless fun for small boys.
And I am with you on grey days stretching endlessly on. That's why I left the UK