Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Theme Thursday - Books

This week's theme is books. And given that I spend a significant amount of time reading various books every day, this is actually a theme that didn't cause me a great deal of stress - which is always a good thing!

Every week we go to the library. Some weeks we even go more than once.

There are books to be read and story times to attend.

Brianna, Garrett, and Bennett at the Library (3)Brianna, Garrett, and Bennett at the Library (14)


And as much as my days are filled with the reciting of books that I now know by heart, these are not the books that take up most of the room in my brain. I would like to say that most of my time is spent on these books:

DSC_0078

And one of my very favorite books on my shelf is this one:

DSC_0082

Not only because it is fantastic and wonderful, but also because I happen to be friends with the author and got to witness the writing of (at least a good portion) the book. And I even got a special surprise when I read my special edition copy.

DSC_0083

The books are not widely available yet, but keep your eyes peeled - they are well worth the read!


But alas, the books that take up most of my time and brain power look like this:

DSC_0076

Sigh.

Such is the life of a student.

For more great takes on books, don't forget to check over at Stacy's!





****And a HUGE thank you to everyone who had such helpful tips for how to fix the gross nose from my BSM! I am pleased to report that the snot is gone! Hooray!


snot be gone!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I got a yucky feeling in the tummy when I saw that biochem book. Eeew.

And good job with the snot removal. Did you learn a technique that you can use again?

Arizaphale said...

ohhhhhhhh. I liked the snot.

How exciting to be acknowledged in a book eh???

Head Gaggler said...

Beautiful book pictures. Love the removal of the gross nose too.

Dawn said...

I liked the pics of the kids reading! Snot free or full o' snot, he looks really cute either way!!

Maya said...

Good snot removal! And how cool to have witnessed the writing and process of that book.

Stacy said...

Biochemistry? Yuck! Although I kinda wish my brain was challenged a little more than where Big J left her shoes.

Unknown said...

you had me up til the last photo!! and great job on the "snotty" removal!

Stacy said...

Love all your pictures, and the ones of the kids reading together is so sweet. :)

Glad you learned a new tool in PS, too. I use that a lot...snot, food, markers on the face... ;)

mandaroo63 said...

ohhhh, that looks like a tough book. I had a hard time with any kind of "bio" books! Great shots of the kids reading.

Christina said...

Great pics of the kiddos reading! Yeah, most of my reading these days is sing-song lyrics, LOL! How neat to have a behind the scenes knowledge of that book, and recongition in it!

Good job on the snot removal, too!

Rose said...

Great pictures! I love BIG books, but that Biochem book is just too much book for me! LOL!

Congratulations to your friend, too!

natalie said...

Biochem? What in the world is that?! (Only a tad sarcastic) Um...my "tough" books include things like "Multiple Intelligences and Classroom Application" and "How to be a better second grade teacher." I'm so glad there are people in the world as smart as you.

My favorite picture is number 3. Love the dof...totally what I was thinking of when I was planning my picture, which just didn't happen.

Anonymous said...

Quite the contrast between board books and boring books! And interesting ones in between.

Phyllis Sommer said...

adorable. and i also liked the snot...but that's just me. the corrected photo looks pretty great, though!

chaoticfamily said...

Wonderful! We love our books too...

Cari said...

love the shots of the kiddos reading together. :)