Thursday, January 10, 2008

Theme Thursday - Contrast

Stacy picked 'contrast' as the theme for this week's Theme Thursday. Which caused me a significant amount of stress, since I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do for it. I am, as I have stated before, not all that great with photoshop, and usually post all my shots SOOC for fear that I would just make them worse if I tried to edit them.

Then I remembered the shot I wanted to use. It is actually one of my favorite shots of all time, taken several years ago at Coronado Beach in California. I actually didn't even notice my favorite part of the shot until after I was home and had loaded it onto my computer.


sunset at coronado beach



The man in the corner, who appears to be very absorbed in whatever he is thinking about, provides the perfect CONTRAST to the blazing sunset.

Don't forget to check out the other contrast shots for Theme Thursday!

19 comments:

Kim said...

Don't you love it when you don't even realize the best part of the picture until much later? Nice sunset and man! ;-)

I have a picture like that. Only my sun is behind clouds, and the tide is low and there's a plane in the shot! :-)

Maya said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! That guy could not be standing in a more perfect spot!

Stacy said...

What a beautiful shot! I love sunsets and you have a great one there, with a nice contrast element. :)

Anonymous said...

silhouettes are my FAVORITE! I love this :-)

Stacy said...

so cool! i love how the sun looks too!

Head Gaggler said...

Oooh beautiful shot. Love the colors there.

mandaroo63 said...

I love Coronado. We stay at Silverstrand at least once or twice a year. Beautiful shot.

chaoticfamily said...

Amazing - so gorgeous (sp)...

JenLive! said...

What an amazing shot! Serene and dramatic!

Blueberry said...

that is a gorgeous picture!!

Lori said...

Such a beautiful picture and perfect for the theme.

Arizaphale said...

That's an extraordinary shot. You'd think you'd staged it!!! Great work and lovely contrast.

jamestownboys said...

Very pretty!
I think the landscaping on the bottom add some very nice contrast too!!!

Kimberly said...

Wow! That's an amazing shot!!

Dallas said...

I really like this photo - the sunset is so striking, and it's a great contrast that he's not even paying attention to it.

Rose said...

What a GORGEOUS sunset!!

Angie said...

Awesome shot!

Christina said...

WOW! That shot is spectacular, absoltuely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love it when a photo gives me a gift...a surprise. Lovely.