Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's A Thin Line...

...between love and hate.

I hate:



  • Photoshop. It might just be the most aggrevating program ever created. Not to mention that it doubles as a giant, time sucking vortex.


  • whining. Serioulsy, if I could have a day where no one whines for me or at me, I would consider it the best day ever.


  • cartoons. How much cartoon action can a girl take during the day? Saying no to cartoons can lead to whining - see above.


  • the computer. Sometimes I wonder where all my time disappears to. Then I realize that a significant portion of it has been spent in front of a computer screen, for any number of important reasons.

I love:

  • Photoshop. It can turn a mediocre shot into a great one. Not to mention fix flaws...and all sorts of other cool things. I heart Photoshop.


  • being needed. It's nice to be useful, even if the sounds of being useful sometimes sound like nails on a chalkboard whining.


  • cartoons. Because sometimes you just need those 24 50 120 precious minutes of peace.



  • the computer. You must have a computer to blog, and to read blogs. And to use photoshop. The computer is the best invention ever.



  • blogging. Because it is the thing I never knew I was missing, until it wasn't missing any more. For all sorts of reasons, including the fact that it is filled with people who brighten my day EVERY day.

4 comments:

brandy said...

Being needed. I love that one because it's so damn true. Everyone feels better when they feel like they are vital.

Wow. I'm getting all deep here.. I better quit.

Unknown said...

Maggie - You could have written this post for me today.

Ditto.
Ditto.
Ditto!

ESPECIALLY the whining.
God. Make. It. Stop.

Arizaphale said...

Well said. I know the time vortex thing VERY well and I don't even HAVE photoshop :-D. And next to whining I want to list NOT PICKING UP AFTER THEMSELVES!!!!! This one goes from the oldest member of the family down! And it does NOT make me feel needed...just taken for granted. :-(

Dawn said...

i like that you included the upside of things. that's something i need to be working on more. :) yes, the computer is a time sucker but it brings me peace. so that's why i keep flocking to it.