Tuesday, April 15, 2008

20 Questions

Courtney answered 20 Questions about herself, and invited other people to do the same. And because I love to am practicing following directions, I joined right in! So here we go...


What is your superpower?


Knowing things. Partly just because I know, and partly due to my crazy real dreams.


Who are you most like in life?

I'm like me. Which I know is a total cop out, but it's true. I can't think of anyone else I'm really like. But I'm willing to take suggestions, if you care to vote.


Do people ever tell you you look like a celebrity?


Not too often, but when they do it's almost always "that girl from the stripper movie!". Funny, Elizabeth Berkley was in Saved By the Bell too, but no one ever mentions that. I really don't see the resemblence.


What are your views on weddings?


I don't think I really have any particular view on weddings. I think that they are generally lovely, and I hope special for those involved. But really, I can take them or leave them.


What was the last book you read?


Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult.


Who is your hero?


Anyone who has the guts to follow their dream.



What are five songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life?

I have no idea. But I can name 5 songs that I currently like, which I think is better than nothing.
1. Say, by John Mayer
2. Our Song, by Taylor Swift
3. Into the Night, by Santana
4. Funky Mama
5. Best Days, by Matt White



Have you ever been burned?


Yes. In every sense. Do you know anyone who hasn't been?


What is your worst habit?



That probably depends on who you ask. I think that one of my worst habits is probably stressing out about things in a major way. I really should learn to relax more. I relax about as well as I grow a second head....which is not to say not I don't do it very successfully.


What is the best lesson your parents taught you?




That they are proud of me and that they support me. They might not always understand what I do or be interested in it (they are not science or medicine people by any stretch of the imagination), but they have been very supportive anyway. The lesson? That loving someone doesn't always mean agreeing with them, but it means supporting them anyway.


What are three things that hang on your walls?



Pictures (TONS of pictures). An Irish Welcome sign. A dart board.




Who do you think will actually WIN the presidency? Will it be the right choice?


I honestly don't know who's going to win. Will it be the right choice? I don't know that either. But it will be the choice that the country will have to endure, so I sure hope that it ends up being a good choice.

Is your bed made right now?




Of course. My bed is always made. And yes, I know this is weird.


Where would you like to wake up in the morning if you could be anywhere?




I would just like to wake up and have it be morning, rather than wake up in the middle of the night. Which I tend to do.

Do you do anything creative?




I do things that I think are crafty, but I'm not sure I would consider myself creative. Or perhaps I would consider myself creative but not artistic.


What would you like to be doing in five years if there were no limits to who you could be?




Graduating from medical school.


Why Craigslist?




What about Craigslist exactly? I know what it is, but I have never used it for anything. But I know lots of people who have.


What is really the greatest thing about meeting someone new?




I'm not sure that you can ever know too many people, so the great thing about meeting someone new is that it's a whole new chance to really know someone. And everyone has things to teach, so it's another new chance to learn something and make yourself better.

If you didn’t have to work, would you?




I think a lot of this question depends on how you define work. If you define work as just not sitting at home and doing nothing, then of course I would work. Would I have a paying job? Maybe, maybe not. But I would certainly keep myself busy.

What are you doing to make less of an impact on the earth ?



I recycle, and I try not to be wasteful. I could be better about it, but I am trying.

Now, onto the important things...what are YOUR answers?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh good answers!

I really like that part about supporting someone if you love them and it doesn't mean you have to agree with them. Well said!

kim said...

It was nice to learn a little more about you.

Debbie said...

What a great 20 Questions. Thanks for taking the time to answer them. It's nice having a little more insight into people, isn't it?

Funky Mama said...

Thanks, Maggie! I'm glad to know the tunes are a part of your every day! Hang on , Moo Juice is coming!
Krista

Anonymous said...

I love Craigslist! I just recently sold an old chair for $50 in about 10 minutes!

jodifur said...

you never told me, what did you think of change of heart?

Brittany said...

I posted mine! :)

Dawn said...

Always fun to read about my blogging friends! Elizabeth Berkley, she of the curly hair. She's so excited!

Anonymous said...

well! you gave very well written answers! now if i were to do this, i'd want to steal yours and pretend like i can write well too!