Sunday, September 21, 2008

Best Shot Monday: Quality Time

You all were so kind to me last week with all my ramblings and combining of things. There are no words to thank you - really, it was just what I needed.

I am happy to report that I am not yet behind on schoolwork and that I am still loving my new job. The only thing that was still rough was that I wasn't spending enough time with the boys. Because when a two year old is calling to listen to you on your voicemail message, you know that things could stand to be improved.

I don't have it all figured out yet, but I sure am trying.

But last week things finally fell into a better place -- the weather was amazing, and I got to spend some quality time with the boys; time that was every bit as much for me as it was for them! And we got to spend a little time with our favorite friends too - Sarah, Jacob, and Ben (or, as we refer to them, SJB). And while it might have just been a 30 minute trip to the park, the excellent quality MORE than made up for the lacking in quantity.

And these are my favorite shots from last week -- the pure joy of a little quality time.

Playing in the Park 6


Playing in the Park 5


Playing in the Park 4


Playing in the Park 3


Playing in the Park 2


Playing in the Park 1


For more quality moments from last week, see what everyone else has to share at Tracey's!


red BSM button



25 comments:

MGF said...

Love the ring around the rosey game with a bunch of boys.

Looks like you had a great time.

iMother2.0 said...

Yes, totally LOVE the shots of them holding hands and running in a circle...their smiling faces are amazing.
Here's to a better week :)

Jaimee said...

Maggie...these are so adorable! Those boys were having a blast!

chaoticfamily said...

Such cutie pies - just adorable lil guys.

Anonymous said...

what joy, feedom and fun...such a cute little gang

Blueberry said...

oh how fun!! i love these!

Brittany said...

I love them all! I can't choose just one!

Dawn said...

they were playing so happily, that's precious!!

hang in there, maggie! one day at a time!!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

omg! little boys... being little boys! i love it!

Megan said...

i'm a sucker for fun boy pics -- what a great time!

Killlashandra said...

Balancing work and kids time is so difficult to figure out. My 3 year old always wants to talk to me when I'm at work too. :) Your park pictures are adorable. I love all those happy faces racing around together. Very cute.

Jen said...

I feel like I am always trying to figure out how to balance it all. I can't imagine going to school on top of all of it. It looks like everyone had a blast. They look like they are having so much fun.

Christina said...

I really can feel the fun and joy pouring out of those moments! Kudos to you for figuring out how to balance all your new demands.

cathurynn said...

oh, i'm so glad you're getting quality time with the boys!

Joanna said...

What playful shots. Looks like they all had so much fun. Those are the moments where I feel peace inside. When the kids are having genuine fun like that. Great shots!

Unknown said...

oh, i love it! the ring around the rosey, especially!!

Anonymous said...

You're written about exactly the dilemmas I'm mulling over...the great balancing act we call life!

It looks like you're doing a great job - and keeping it all in perspective! Hang in there! :)

Rose said...

Oh my gosh! They are having so much fun!! I can just feel the pure joy coming off the pictures.

Kimberly said...

Ahh, boy power! I can see why that gave you a boost. :)

Cara said...

That second shot is great, I love the light and the joy on all their faces!

Cass. Just Curious said...

I love the picture of ring around the rosie - it made me smile!

danette said...

How cute! I love all the action shots :)

Arizaphale said...

Hi Maggie! Just catchin up again :-)
These shots are priceless. Isn't time the most difficult thing to manage?

kim said...

awesome shots! I love pics of your boys, they're so all-American-boy.