Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ugly Child, Part 1

I know that I promised proof that I was the ugliest child ever last week, but I was too busy with good looking children and didn't get to it. But never fear, the series is about to start.

Of course, all children start as newborns. Lucky for me, I looked just like every other newborn.

Maggie, Newborn 001

See, told you.

Except I came home in a Christmas stocking. Oh, the benefits of being born 7 days before Christmas.

Maggie, Newborn 002

I like to think that my parents' Christmases have all been down hill since then.

Luckily, their hairstyles have been uphill.

Maggie, Spring 1981 001


I will take this opportunity to point out that I have been as pale as a ghost my entire life.

Maggie, Summer 1981 001


And also that I think there might be an underlying reason as to why I don't wear hats.

Maggie, Spring 1981 003


I would also like to point out that I have always had HUGE cheeks.

Maggie, Fall 1981 001


I will admit that I don't think I was a bad looking baby. But really, there aren't too many really ugly small children. But I promise you, it gets worse. MUCH worse. Stay tuned, the ugly years and your chance to point and laugh at me await.

11 comments:

Brittany said...

I have GOT to scan in my baby pictures... I was WAY uglier... YOU WERE cute!!! :)

Jen said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. You have not proven yourself ugly, yet. You were one cute baby!!

SarahJeanie said...

I agree... You were a cute baby! I especially love the one of you dressed up in 1/2 cup! How funny! Oh the things parents do to their kids! Can't wait to see more!

Christina said...

What you mean, UGLY? I don't see the ugly, just the cute!

Jaimee said...

AWWW....what the heck are you talking about? you were adorable!!!! Seriously...you will have to do better if you are going to prove your past "ugliness!"

Cara said...

I love the big cheeks! I should also scan in some of my pic, it may be my outfits that win out as ugly!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

YOU UGLY? NOT.

My ugliness could beat up your ugliness Maggie.

I just adore these vintage shots.

natalie said...

YOU ARE YOUNGER THAN ME???? You seem so mature and so wise...and you're STILL A BABY! Dang...I only hope I grow up to be as smart as you.

Kimberly said...

I'm giong to have to see that proof Maggie, because you were an ADORABLE baby! :)

Anonymous said...

The ugliest baby ever was born in the wee hours of Friday morning! Trust me!!

Arizaphale said...

Oh you aren't even trying. If we are going to have a competition of this, please make it worth our while!!!!!
Interestingly, more things we have in common, both Sagittarians and both as pale as a ghost.