Thursday, March 29, 2007

Boys will be boys

Garrett is working on potty training...ahh, the joys of toddler-dome. It's progressively getting better, or at least it was until today.

In the bathroom, after reading The Potty Book for the umpteenth time (we read it at least twice EVERY time we try to use the potty) I am getting Garrett re-dressed.

Garrett: Look!

Me: (thinking oh dear lord, what happened in the second I was blinking my eyes...) What?

Garrett: Look at my penis - I can make it big! Yay!

Me: silence.

Anyone out there want to be the one to have that conversation with a two year old? Keeping in mind that this is a two year old that WILL repeat what you say to anyone at any given moment. Yeah, I didn't think so...

And that is why I opted for the silence.

But rest assured that after he laid down for his nap, I got a great laugh out of it. And you know that after you got over the initial shock of it, you were laughing too...

1 comment:

Life As I Know It said...

Just came across your blog. I can totally relate to this post...I've got two boys too!