Friday, April 13, 2007

Bubble Boy

A few days ago I took the kids to Wonderscope with Christine and Sydney. Things were going well - the kids were having a great time, and I was more than happy to let them run around knowing that they weren't (probably not anyway) going to break anything.

Everything was clicking along, good times being had by all, so I decided to run to the bathroom -- the chance to not drag the two kids with me was too much to pass up - and so I left the kids with Christine and walked down the hall.

Which, of course, caused Bennett to look very concerned before crawling after me as fast as his little legs could move. But given that being upright is a sign of evolution for a reason, Christine was able to catch him before he made it to the hall.

90 seconds later, I return, hoping silently to myself that Bennett has not spent the last minute and a half screaming his head off, as he does once and a while when I dare to leave his line of sight. But there was a small sigh of relief, as Bennett was happily clutching golf balls, no tears in sight.

My relief was quickly replaced by my wide eyed stare...at Garrett trapped in a plastic bubble that was meant to keep kids from climbing on the tracks. Well, never one to be outsmarted by some engineer, Garrett did them one better and no only climbed on the track, but inside the box. And he was happily pressing his nose against the inside and making faces and looking somewhat like part of a magic trick - you know, the one where someone appears in a teeny tiny box? Poor Christine was trying to get him to duck his head down and crawl out, which I can assure you was just not going to happen.

So I put on my best stern face - which was really just an attempt to cover up the fact that I wanted to laugh hysterically - and dragged the little bugger out by his feet. Which he also thought was great fun. I should have taken his picture first, but I was trying not to encourage him...

Needless to say, we decided it was time to explore a new room after the boy in the bubble fiasco...

No comments: